Welcome to the HiTiles scenery enhancement for the Falcon 4.0 series! This software vastly improves the old Korea theatre found in Falcon 4.0 - Check out these major features to see what the HiTiles bring to your favorite installation of the classic Falcon 4.0 (SP3, SP4, FF3, BMS):
>>> This is NOT for Falcon 4.0: Allied Force!!! For that, you would want the HiTilesAF! <<<
- COMPLETE replacement of the original blocky, out-of-scale, MPS textures.
- A remixed terrain with greater variety and higher detail.
- Much better feeling of speed and altitude.
- Four times more details (256x256 pixel per texture)
- Seamless integration with whatever version of Falcon you're using.
- Includes night lighting effects (Cities, Farmhouses etc.).
The HiTiles consist of a set with over 1100 summer textures, featuring a variety of sets with landscapes, cities, harbours and airfields. They are based on real world orthofoto imaging research and are properly resized to fit the scale (1 tile = 1 km2 / 1 pixel = 4 m). Their careful, "natural" design prevents "blockiness" and straight, angled edges.
NEWS 2005-01-01: Beta installer for Balkans SP3 theatre available!
The HiTiles logo depicted above and in the menu on the left is a scaled-down "demo patchwork" of various tile types: Check it out in full-size (1024x1024, 340 kB). Additional screenshots are accessible through the menu on the left.
The HiTiles come as PCX files in a zipped file (82 MB), by Electronic Delivery from our servers. A single user licence costs 10 € / 12 $, payment is available through PayPal (or postal cash).
HiTiles are (c)opyright 2002-2004 Thomas D. Wälti, Bern, Switzerland.
Falcon 4 is an intellectual property of Atari, Inc.