I finally found the time to revive the old F4Weather tool, now completely rewritten, vastly improved and adopted to Falcon 4.0: Allied Force! Name has changed to WeatherAF, but the use is still the same:
- Download, unpack anywhere, start the *.exe
- Select a mission (instant.cam, any *.cam, *.tac, *.trn)
- Choose a weather pattern
- Optional: Change wind, temperature and visibility parameters
- Press [Apply] to insert this weather data into the selected mission
- Launch F4AF and enjoy your mission.
Improvements in comparison to the old WeatherAF:
- Complete rewrite in C# (.NET Runtime 1.1 needed), much faster data save
- Data-based Radar and Cloud altitude preview (not .GIF-based anymore)
- Optimized multi-line text handlng for pattern description
- Support for visibility sliders
- Easy-to-use converter mode to make your own weather data
- New in Beta 2: Fullscreen kneemap preview (click cloud pattern image to activate)
Just download the latest version (2010-03-27) and give it a try - In the worst case, it will have backuped your edited mission files in their original folder as *.bak.
PS: Should the included weather patterns bore you, grab an add-on pack of new clouds made by Cougar from FFW04 (Links goes to the Frugalsworld thread).
Licenced as freeware.
Full map weather preview, using theatre-specific kneemap.gif: